Saturday, April 02, 2005

A naan in making

Last week I made Afghan naan from 'Flatbreads and Flavors' by Jeffery Alford et al. It was short of a disaster. I used atta flour used for chapatis instead of the whole wheat flour. For the bread-making novices, there is a difference between the two. Atta will not work in yeast breads but the book did not scream it out to me. Obviously, the book is for experts. Anyway, the effort was relaxing and something that made me proud. But the end product was hard and tasted like cardboard. Today, I decided to try my hand at the common Indian garlic naan using this recipe. The recipe was so good and the end product soft and yummy.

This success put an end to the Blog jinx. It really distressed me that most of my trials post-blogging had ended in failure. Now I am really glad...

No comments:

Post a Comment