Monday, April 25, 2005

Cauliflower with chili and lime

I got a bag of key limes last week. I did not want to go the sweet route that is obvious with key limes. So following this recipe, I made a salad or side dish to chomp up with our dinner. I have never made cauliflower this way and this is so good to eat on its own too. In fact, it is absolutely divine. The only change I made was to steam the cauliflower.


Posted by Hello


This is a Dean Ornish recipe I found on the Internet.

1 head cauliflower, separated into florets and steamed
2 tablespoons key lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro

Heat the lime juice, vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes over low heat for just a minute to soften the pepper flakes.
Pour lime juice mixture over the cauliflower then add cumin and cilantro and toss well. Let marinate in fridge or at room temp for 1 hour before serving.

The key lime was very refreshing and the garlic-chile combo worked great. Now for some key lime curd, may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment