Friday, July 01, 2005

Strawberry bruschetta



Though it sounds weird, it is a pretty interesting thing to try. I really cannot bear the thought of eating strawberries on their own but I like them in baked, scrumptious desserts. When Giada De Laurentis made this recipe in Everyday Italian, it looked good enough for me to give this a shot. I made it as a sort of a healthful dessert last night. It tastes great with the sweetened up strawberries shedding their juices into the crusty bread. You can imagine how tasty they would be on a slice of brioche or pound cake.

Strawberry Bruschetta

2 slices (1/2-inch-thick) rustic white bread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5-6 strawberries, sliced
4 teaspoons sugar

Spread the butter over the bread. Arrange the sliced strawberries over them. Sprinkle the strawberries with the sugar. Broil until the sugar begins to caramelize, about 2 minutes and bread is toasty.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i've never heard of anything like this, Mika, but I love strawberries... I'm gonna try it with madeira cake, since I have some at home now :)

    ReplyDelete