Saturday, April 09, 2005

Pasta with roasted vegetables

This is what I made a couple of days back. It is a simple recipe that can create a good deal of heat in the house- from the oven, I mean. I chopped up some onions, yellow squash, red pepper and cauliflower and roasted them at 450 F for 40 minutes. I drizzled the veggies with some EVOO, added thyme and garlic cloves and off into the oven they went. I happen to love roasted veggies and can probably make a meal out of them. But for supper, to add some carbs, I cooked up some fusilli. After roasting the vegetables, I added some minced sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. The mixture itself tasted like the ratatouille they serve at Whole Foods but of course, much flavorful. I used Colavita's balsamic vinegar. No, no don't scrunch your noses and grimace at me. I don't have anyone down in Naples to send me a good, pricey ounce of balsamic. Nor do I want to get some. This will do!

Coming back to the topic, the pasta after mixing with the veggies was delicious. I also added some feta, left over from the Roasted Cauliflower pasta. On the whole, delicioso!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment